
Burg Trausnitz
The castle above the old town was begun in 1204 together with the city and served from 1255 to 1503 as the residence and seat of government of the Dukes of Lower Bavaria. The Narrentreppe, a staircase painted with scenes from the Italian commedia dell'arte, dates from the Renaissance.
Find out more about Burg Trausnitz at Bavarian Palace Administration (opens in a new tab)












